Saturday, November 6, 2010


I'm a bad blogger. Well, maybe not bad, maybe just really inconsistent. How often is one supposed to blog? Are there guidelines or rules? How does one become a great blogger? Does a blogger need to focus on a certain topic? Where did the word blog come from anyway? Actually, if you really want to know the origin of the term "blog", here is the answer.

I haven't yet decided why people blog, and I suppose since I blog I can't offend anyone with my theories. Do you want to hear them? That was a rhetorical question, of course, because this is my blog. I think people blog because they think they are interesting. I think people blog because they think they have good ideas. Some blog to be funny. Some blog for a cause. They blog because they want to express themselves. Some blog to brag. Others blog to tell people things they are afraid to verbally express. I think bloggers have tendencies towards vanity.

I'm still new to blogging, still trying to figure out the purpose of blogging - if there is a purpose - and still trying to figure out if I like to blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment