Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I found out today that my birth flower is the cosmos. Cosmos is a Greek word meaning "harmony or ordered universe." There is a variety of this flower called the chocolate cosmos. I want to plant them in my garden because their aroma is chocolate. I think they are a perfect color to plant now as they will bloom into the late summer and early fall. Right now my garden is filled with hydrangeas, begonias, petunias, zinnias, lavender, and rosemary. I had lilies, but my little furry friend uprooted them. He loves to play in the garden. Winston is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. I spend a lot of time brushing his ears, taking him for walks, and loving him - he likes to snuggle. The Cavalier is of English origin and Winston sports a British flag collar to represent his heritage. It has nothing to do with how much I love London, Winston is just very patriotic. I don't blame him, there are a lot of great things in the U.K. - cider, stilton, Radiohead, Burberry, the MINI cooper. I love stilton, well all cheeses actually. I don't discriminate. A cheese plate is a perfect appetizer or dessert - which gives me an idea for my chocolate cosmos - a perfect Fall garnish.




1 comment:

  1. http://jdebaer.blogspot.com/

    adding you to my bloglist!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete